Monday, January 21, 2013

DPA Denver Pale Ale - Great Divide Brewing Co.

So yesterday I went to KJ Barrons in Worcester and picked up a few intriguing ales that I have never seen before, and one of them being the DPA, Denver Pale Ale by the Great Divide Brewing Company. (The beverages were purchased at random, I've never heard anything about these, so I had to try them).

The DPA is an English style classic ale, fairly malty, and "an equally hearty complement of hop aroma, flavor, and bitterness" (Couldn't of said it any better than that!). I poured the DPA into a chilled glass mug. It has a orange-gold color to it, light white froth, and you could actually see particles of yeast floating around, which I've never seen before. I could smell the aroma of honey and citrus, and it tasted of honey, a hint of citrus, and almost a light floral taste to it. It's a pretty light ale and I was expecting it to be a bit heavier than it was, but I really enjoyed this one. The DPA was lightly carbonated, which I really enjoyed (I feel that high carbonation is a bit annoying, and really takes away the enjoyment of tasting the beer itself). I would definitely drinking this Ale again (Hopefully on Tap!).

If you know a restaurant, bar, or pub that carried DPA let me know!

Check out the DPA Denver Pale Ale and other brews by the Great Divide Brewing Co. at www.greatdivide.com!.

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment